Sunday 14 December 2014

End of the year, holidays and readathons craziness !


Oh hi there everyone !

As you may know, the year is coming to its end and the pressure to complete our reading challenges is gradually increasing.
I really love the Christmas holidays because it's the time of the year when I really feel like reading, all of the time (even when I'm with my family, which they don't really mind anymore because they know me...).
This year, tho, the holidays are going to be crazy ! I don't know whether people were lazier this year than during the previous ones (I definitely was - thanks Netflix), but the amount of readathons is ridiculous ! Which is great, actually, because who doesn't love readathons?

Therefore, I chose, this year, to combine 3 readathons that are taking place at the same time, and I'm SO EXCITED.

The first one will be the #XMasBooktubeathon ! Yeah, it is happening again.
This year, it is taking place between the 19th and the 21st of December, and here are the challenges:
1. Read a book with green and red on the cover
2. Read a book you really wanted to read this year
3. Read a book that was gifted (or recommended) to you
4. Read 3 books

To complete those challenges, I chose to read The Silence of Six by E.C Myers (if it finally arrives in my mailbox...), which has red and green on its cover, Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan for the book that I really wanted to read this year AND the book that was recommended to me (like half of my bookshelf, let's be honest).
As for the "read 3 books" challenge, I will be completing it, don't worry: and that's where the multiplicity of readathons is a wonderful thing: with the Cramathon going on at the same time, I will read a lot more books than just these 2.

Here are all the links you need for this readathon:
Announcement video
BookTubeAThon Twitter


Then, as I said, is the CramAThon. Whitney (WhittyNovels) created it because she realized that most of us have not completed our Goodreads challenge (or any other reading challenge) yet, and it will be happening between the 20th and the 24th of December. Here are the challenges:
1. Read a children's book
2. Read a hardback
3. Read 2 books in 24 hours
4. Read a graphic novel
5. Read a book in verse (or poetry)
6. Read a novella
7. Read 5 books in total

For the Cramathon, I'm also going to "cheat" by combining challenges with the same books (let's be real, that's what we all do, right?). First of all, I'm gonna read the complete Spiderwick Chronicles series by Tony DiTertlizzi & Holly Black, and this alone will help me complete 4 challenges (1, 2, 3 and 7). I will also read the The Guard by Kiera Cass and I don't think I will read a graphic novel (because I don't own a proper graphic novel and, living in France, my local library sucks when it comes to graphic novels & comics). As for the book in verse/poetry, I'm not sure yet.

Whitney's video
Cramathon Twitter

Finally is the #yearendreadathon ! It is hosted by a bunch of cool people: @pottermorebooks @bribookishconfessions @norareads @kamrynsbooks @halfbookprince @nightreads @book_sense & @brinasbooks on Instagram ! The aim is to read as many books as you can :) And it will be happening between the 20th and the 31st of December.

I am also participating in #HarryXMasToYou which is, if you don't know, a read & watch-along of all the Harry Potter books & movies throughout the month of December.

So, as you may have understood by now, I think I will have a lot of fun and I really can't wait :)





No comments:

Post a Comment