Monday 14 July 2014

BookTube-A-Thon update: day 1

BookTube-A-Thon has officially started. YAY. 

Day 1 was not much of a success for me, to be honest, but still: I managed to read a bit, and the most important part is that I had soooo much fun during the first reading sprints hosted on the BookTube-A-Thon Twitter page. Honestly, I think these sprints are the funniest part of this whole week of craziness. 

Basically, I didn't spend the night nor the day at my place, and I was stuck with people AND a TV turned on and really loud for almost 8 hours so I couldn't really find a comfortable and quiet place to settle to read. At the stroke of midnight, though, I started a book and actually managed to get through it in one sitting. Later on, when back to the quietness of my room, I started another one and read the first 100 pages quite quickly.

Which means that today, I read a book and knocked one challenge down. How cool? 

The book I read was actually a short story, plus it had pictures in it, which explains how I managed to read it in less than half an hour. 

So here is my recap: 

  • Books completed: 1 - The Lurking Fear, by H.P Lovecraft (in French)
  • Books started: 1 - Eon, by Alison Goodman
  • Challenges completed: 1 - A book with pictures in it (it could also count as a book with red on the cover...) 
  • Pages read: 70 + 160 = 230




I hope you all had a great day, and I will see you tomorrow with a new update. 



No comments:

Post a Comment