Monday 21 July 2014

BookTube-A-Thon update: day 7 and wrap-up

BookTube-A-Thon is officially finished, and it is time for my wrap-up.

On day 7, I finished L'Élégance du hérisson by Muriel Barbery, so I read 198 pages. I also watched its movie adaptation, which I had already seen, to complete the book to movie adaptation challenge. To be honest, I liked the movie way more than the book, that I found pretentious and quite badly-handled (although the idea was good). Then, I read 30 pages from 3 different books (can you tell I was still pretty wrecked by my reading of We were Liars?).
I did not want to start a new book properly because I had to wake up really early today to take a train, and therefore had a lot of things on my hands yestersay afternoon.

On the whole, BookTube-A-Thon was an amazing experience. I read way less than I did last year, but what made it incredible was the number of people involved in it. The Twitter account has more than 10 000 followers by now, which is INSANE. Imagining so many people all around the world getting together to read at the same time is just something that made me really happy. I also figured out that there were many French people participating as well (way more than last year) and I was happy with it.
I know I could have done so much better, but I don't really mind because I had so much fun nonetheless. The reading sprints, the hosts... Everything was perfect.


  • A book with pictures: The lurking fear, by H.P Lovecraft
  • Start AND finish a series: Eon & Eona, by Alison Goodman
  • A book with red on the cover: all 3 of them have red on their covers 8)
  • A book someone else picks out for you:We were liars, by E. Lockhart 
  • A book from the genre you've read the least this year: The Seven Dials Mystery, by Agatha Christie
  • A book to movie adaptation: L'élégance du hérisson, by Muriel Barbery 
  • Read seven books: all of the above +This song will save your life, by Leila Sales
I read a total of 4 books and a little more than 1000 pages, and I am happy with it.


I hope you all had a great time as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment