Monday 2 March 2015

Top 5 Wednesday - Best character development

Here is last week's Top 5 Wednesday. Once again, I didn't manage to post it in time, but I figured I'd still do it :)

The theme was best character arcs/development, and here are the names I could think of.



5 & 4? Todd Hewitt & Viola Eade (Chaos Walking)




Yeah, I know, it may look like I'm cheating, but I couldn't make a difference between them. I haven't read the last book yet, so my opinion may change when I have, but I really like how, in the course of the first two books, Todd & Viola grew up, became more reasonable and self-conscious. They both make mistakes, but they are aware of it and try to fix them when they can. 





3. Paige Mahoney (The Bone Season)

Once again, I haven't read The Mime Order yet (I just can't imagine having to wait for another 2 years before reading the next book so I try to keep it unread for a while haha), but even through The Bone Season, I could see how Paige evolved. She became more confident about her choices and actions and stopped being paranoid and a bit too self-centred. I like the path she took and therefore cannot wait to meet with her again !





2. Aristotle (Aristotle and Dante discover the Secrets of the Universe)

I don't really know what to say about Ari, except that I love him. I just feel extremely proud of him - does that make sense? 







1. Ron Weasley (Harry Potter)

Ronald... He is probably the best example of a good character development that could ever be. From the first book, I could feel that he had a lot of potential. Why did I chose him over Harry or Hermione? Because I think that he is the one that evolved the most. To be honest, I'm not the hugest fan of Harry, I think he is a perfect character, and I've never really perfect characters. As for Hermione, although she may be one of my favourite characters of all time, I think she was quite the same in the first books as in the last one, although she has grown and gone through a lot. Ron, to me, is the one that really stands out: at first, everything he did, he did it without really meaning it, almost by accident; but then, as he grew up, I could feel that he meant the changes he went through, he really tried his best to become who he finally became. 
Bit of a journey for little gingerhead, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment