Wednesday 4 March 2015

Top 5 Wednesday - Books you'd save in a fire

Another top 5 Wednesday?
Yep, and this one is posted... On a Wednesday !

This week's theme is books you'd save in a fire. And I think it is honestly the hardest question I've ever been asked, but I'll try to answer it anyway.




The Complete works of Shakespeare

Yeaaah, I know, that's cheating. But it's still one book, so it counts, right? Just because I'm not sure I could find it again as cheap as I bought it.









The complete tales & poems of Edgar Poe

This one I'd save because I found it in a wonderful bookstore in Berlin when I was not expecting to find it at all and it means a lot.






Un homme accidentel, by Philippe Besson

This book I'd save because:
- it's the first book by this author that I've ever read and he then became one of my favourite
- it is signed
- it was signed on the day I first met him, which was also the day when I met an author for the first time ever







My French copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I will always remember the day I bought it, and how I spent every minute I had that day in & between classes reading as much of it as I could.






That's only 4, because I think they are the 4 more meaningful, otherwise I'd have to save all of my books :)
Let's just hope that it never happens !


No comments:

Post a Comment